Senior Project engineer stability
Want to strengthen our team?
ABETEC architects & engineers Ltd.
Poldergotestraat 1, 9240 Zele, Belgium
Employment: full time
Published on: 14/07/2020
For the reinforcement of our team we are looking for a senior project engineer stability (M/F).
In this position, you are responsible for:
- drawing up stability studies of buildings and structures in concrete or steel.
- being aware of various foundation methods in function of soil mechanical aspects.
- follow-up of the Belgian and European standards and stability legislation.
- when dimensioning the stability elements, work as a team with the responsible architect and provide him with all the necessary information so that he can complete his files (urban planning and construction file) in a sound and timely manner.
- intensively guiding the draftsman in drawing up structure, formwork and reinforcement plans.
- the precise monitoring of the plans that have been drawn up.
- drawing up specifications on the basis of plans and measurements.
- advising the project leader in the execution on site and assisting him if necessary.
- informing the project manager of the important design decisions.
- discussing important decisions with your colleagues and reporting this directly to the management
- managing and supervising a junior project engineer stability.
- You preferably have a civil or industrial engineering degree and are able to independently carry out complex stability studies.
- You already have 5 years of experience.
- You have a command of the Dutch language, knowledge of French and/or English is a plus.
- You are social, enjoy working in a team and can motivate your employees sufficiently.
- You can work efficient and are able to handle several projects simultaneously.
- You're communicative.
- You have a good knowledge of the MS Office package.
- You are familiar with the usual calculation software (mainly Scia).
- A first experience with BIM/Revit is an extra asset.
What do we offer?
We expect a lot from our employees - but on the other hand, we also have a lot to offer.
- Internal and external training
Opportunities for internal and external training. Ongoing training on BIM. Personal development in a multi-disciplinary study bureau.
- Stable company with excellent growth
Over the years, ABETEC has shown stable positive development. We can count on a regular clientele who have put their trust in our team for years, but also new clients every year who help us grow.
Our ambition is to find a good balance between work and private life. Of the three weeks of official construction holiday, ABETEC only closes for two weeks collectively. Also during the year few days are recorded collectively. This gives our employees more days of holiday to choose from. We have also introduced 'sliding working hours', which gives employees a little more flexibility towards their private lives. There is a great respect towards working hours, all the more so because we believe that our employees should be given time to relax and be entitled to their quality time in the private sphere.
- Pleasant working atmosphere
You are surrounded by fun and professional colleagues with a passion for their work. From January 2019, we moved into a brand new building with the latest technologies, aimed at sustainability, with respect for the environment and where a great deal of attention has been paid in the design to create the most pleasant working environment possible for the employees, with opportunities for relaxation during the break.
You will work in an open atmosphere, close to decision makers and you have the opportunity to profile yourself.
What do we expect?
In order to guarantee a high standard of quality with regard to our services, we set clear requirements for our employees:
- a positive attitude and the intention to work according to our core values: passion, competence and innovation.
- commitment and curiosity, a team player.
- ambitious and willing to take responsibility.
- act, make decisions and contribute to the achievement of the company's objectives.
- be open to improvements and have the will and competence to find solutions to ideas of yourself and others.
- respect for others is a fundamental condition for the professional and personal development of our employees. This means that we expect you to have a positive attitude towards ethnic diversity - other cultures and people with different ethnic backgrounds.
We offer you a permanent position within an established and dynamic company with a solid salary, extra-legal benefits where you can work together in a pleasant working atmosphere with great colleagues with experience.